Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The dangers of email

24th February 2009

I am so embarrassed. I am recruiting for FR2DAY, our new online magazine for the French Riviera, so sending out loads of emails to possible contributors that I'm finding through Facebook etc. Every so often, my partner Wayne and I will email each other and forward on someone we find. Tonight I found a girl who is running a networking group down in Cannes, and banged out an email asking a bit about her. She came back to me, saying she works in advertising and marketing and has established a global gay networking website amongst other things. We are having a gay page on FR2DAY too, as there is nothing much going on down her for gay people (or anyone else come to that.) so imagine my excitement at finding someone like this on the doorstep.
I forwarded her email to Wayne, with a note at the top saying, 'heard back from that Cannes girl, she sounds worth meeting as she has a gay website, think she is probably gay (altho people will be saying that about us too) blah blah blah'...except I DIDN'T send it to Wayne, I sent it to her!
Two minutes later I receive an email saying, 'Hey Karen, this is sooo funny, I have never laughed so much, but don't think you meant to send this to me!' I have however established she has a wicked sense of humour.

6 comments:

LYN said...

PRICELESS!!

Badger said...

A sort of similar thing happened to me last year when we were trying to organise a reunion with all the girls from Uni. I affectionately referred to my gay friend in an e-mail along the lines of 'don't forget to include the lezza' and sent it to the 'lezza' instead of the organiser. Luckily she saw the funny side.....

Sal said...

I love it! Trust you!

Franglaise said...

Oh Badger you have made me laugh as much as I made her laugh...I love it! Thank God in these horribly depressing times we can still have a laugh huh....

Saltydawg said...

Well, is she a carpet muncher?
Gaz ;-)

Gillie said...

I don't think there is anyone who uses email who hasn't sent something to the wrong person.:) Luckily she was a good sport!!!
xx